The third annual Run the Farm 5 mile trail race and kids 1 mile/0.6 mile races will open for registration on July 23rd, 2012 at 9am.
The races will be held Sunday October 21, 2012 with kids races starting at 8:30am. All of the kids races will be completed before the 5 miler is started at 9:15am.
Details about the registration are here at <http://runthefarm.org/registration>
We are happy to bring this event back for its third year. Runners loved the scenic and tough 5 mile course. Kids were challenged with a great taste of the trails at Muscoot Farm in their very own race. The farmers at the market loved the energy (and the business!) that the race brought out that Sunday morning.
Once again ALL finishers (kids included) will receive “Farm Bucks” when they cross the finish line. Farm Bucks can be used at the Muscoot Farmer’s Market on the day of the race to help purchase produce, pies, pickles, pasta, and potatoes — as well as many other items.
You don’t have to wait for the race to shop there though! The Muscoot Farmers Market is open now through early November every Sunday from 10am-3pm.
We hope you can join us in October for this new trail running tradition!
–Tony, Judy, Dave, Rob & the Run The Farm Volunteers
- Church Tavern Biathlon – 7M Bike / 4M Run – Monday (Labor Day), Sept 3rd, 2012 at 9:30am <http://www.raceit.com/search/event.aspx?id=12328>
- Beachfront Bushwhack (5M & kids 1M), November 11, 2012. Tod’s Point Park, Greenwich, CT <http://www.threadsandtreads.com/tt_springsummer2012.htm>
- The Katonah 5K Road & Trail Race is a scenic rolling race charming Katonah and the challenging trails of Katonah Memorial Park. After the 5K, there will be a Kids’ One Miler and Tots’ Races. The charity theme is: “Runners for Reading” – to benefit our local libraries. The date is Saturday, Sept 8 at 8 am. Link to register: https://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=2046752
- Paine to Pain Half Marathon (Trail) sunday 10/14/2012. http://painetopain.com.
- As always, Essex Running Club member Chris Jaworski maintains a great list of NYC metro area (and beyond) trail runs here: <http://www.essexrunning.com/trails/>. Find one that suits you, sign up, and hit the trails!
See you on the trails!